To add new images to an item in a page, or to add files for downloading, you'll need to upload them to the server. To do this, open up the File Manager using any of the three methods described on the main File Manager page of this manual, then follow these steps.
1. Locate the folder you want to upload your file to in the left-hand column of the file manager, and select it.
2. Click on the Upload File button, and a window will pop up to allow you to find the file on your computer than you want to upload
3. Locate the file to upload, select it and click on Open (or Select on some browsers)
4. Your file will begin to upload immediately and will show a progress bar to indicate how much is complete. Once your file has been successfully uploaded, it will automatically appear in the section labelled Images or Files (depending on the file type)
5. OPTIONAL: To edit the details of the file, click on the Edit Details button and a window will pop up with the file details in.
6. If you opened the File Manager from the editor and you want to insert the file into your editor text, first click on your new file and a window will pop up with the file details in. Then select the Use file button - the File Manager window will close, and your file will be sent back to the editor.
a) IMPORTANT: If you inserted an image, then add some Alternative Text to the image - this improves the accessibility of your website.
b) Click the OK button and your image or link will be inserted into your text. You can then play about with positioning - if you need to revisit the file properties again, right-click on the image or link in the editor and click Properties.